2023-24 Proposed Budget
2022-23 Proposed Budget
Proposed Expenditure Plan Fiscal year 2022-23
2021-2022 Proposed Budget
Proposed Budget: $31,768,546
Tax Levy Increase: 0%
If you would like information on past budgets, please contact:
518-664-5727 ext. 1103
Annual Budget Vote and School Board Election, May 16, 2023:
Polls will be open from 12noon to 9pm in the HS Gymnasium (Please use gym doors under the red awning)
Absentee Ballot Information
Absentee ballots will be available after May 2nd, 2023 for district qualified voters who are unable to vote in-person on May 16. The first step in receiving an absentee ballot is to request an absentee ballot application from the District Clerk by either calling 518-664-5727 ext. 1103 or picking up an application at the District Office, 25 Kniskern Avenue.
Please note, if the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, the District Clerk must receive the absentee ballot application seven (7) days prior to the vote. After that date, completed ballots must be hand delivered to the District Clerk, no later than 5 p.m. on the day of the vote.
Voter Registration Dates:
Voter registration dates will be held on April 18 and April 19, 2023 from 9am-2pm, in the District Clerk’s office, 25 Kniskern Avenue for any resident of the school district that meets the definition of a qualified voter, but is not yet registered to vote (see below).
After the Voter registration dates, District residents may register at their county Board of Elections Office.
Qualifications to Register to Vote:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be 18 years old by the date of the election
- Be a resident of Mechanicville City School District for at least 30 days preceding the election
MCSD Annual Budget Hearing is scheduled for May 4, 2023 at 5:30pm in the HS Cafeteria and will be live streaming on Facebook.
The Mechanicville City School District is governed by a seven member school board elected by the qualified voters of the School District. This year we will have two vacancies, each will be a three year term, commencing on July 1, 2023 and ending on June 30, 2026.
You can learn more about the role and responsibility of a school board member here:
- March 13, 2023– Nominating Petitions for prospective school board members will be available in the District Office (25 Kniskern Avenue). Individuals seeking election to the Board of Education must submit a petition with a minimum of 100 signatures from district residents.
- April 26, 2023- Completed Nominating Petitions packets are due to the District Clerk by 5:00 p.m..
- April 27, 2023– The order of candidates to be listed on the ballot will be determined.
Please feel free to contact Cathy O’Brien, District Clerk with any additional questions.
District Clerk: Ms. Catherine O’Brien
Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
Mechanicville City School District
25 Kniskern Avenue
Mechanicville, NY 12118
(518) 664-5727 ext. 1103
To contact the Mechanicville Board of Education via email please use email@example.com