Jump to: Absentee Voting
2020-21 Adopted Budget
Budget decrease: $50,277.28
If you would like information on past budgets, please contact:
518-664-5727 ext. 2203
Absentee Ballot Instructions – How to Vote
- Mark in pen having blue or black ink.
- To vote for a candidate whose name is printed on the ballot, fill in the oval next to the name of the candidate.
- To vote for a person whose name is not printed on this ballot, write the name of the person in the space labeled “Write-in”.
- To vote on the Budget resolution listed on this ballot, fill in the oval that corresponds with your vote.
- Any other mark or any erasure made on this ballot is unlawful and will cause the entire ballot to be void.
How to return Ballot/Envelope
- After the ballot is marked, please fold and insert into Oath/Ballot Envelope that has your name printed on it (this is the only way we can verify the voter is registered).
- Sign the back of the Oath Envelope and seal. We cannot accept any ballots without the oath envelope signed.
- Signed Oath/Ballot Envelopes with ballot enclosed must reach the District Clerk no later than 5 p.m. on the date of the election.
Two-Step Ballot Opening Process
- An envelope containing a returned absentee ballot will not be opened until a determination is made that there is no reason for rejecting the ballot, which could happen if, for example, the voter fails to provide the signature required by law to appear on the envelope containing the ballot.
- Once such a determination is made and the envelope opened, the ballot is withdrawn without unfolding and separated from the signature/oath envelope. As a result, at the time of counting, the ballots will not be linked to the envelope in which they were returned.