-None at this time
Anticipated Computer Science/Technology High School Teacher – 4/1/23
Mechanicville City School District is looking to fill an anticipated Computer Science/Technology High School Teacher beginning in the 2023-24 school year. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Computer Science/Technology teacher for our high school program. The candidate must possess a strong understanding of computer science and be able to teach students the skills required to work with modern technologies.
Teach computer science courses to high school students, ensuring all learning objectives are met. Develop and implement engaging lesson plans, projects, and activities that align with state and national standards. Evaluate student performance and provide feedback on progress to both students and parents/guardians. Establish a positive and inclusive classroom environment that encourages student participation and fosters a love of learning. Use effective teaching strategies to accommodate diverse learning styles and abilities of students. Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies, trends, and research related to computer science education. Collaborate with other teachers and staff to integrate technology into other subject areas and school-wide events. Participate in professional development opportunities and conferences to enhance teaching skills and knowledge.
-Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Technology, computer science or a related field.
-Valid teaching certification in Technology or computer science.
-Proven teaching experience in computer science.
-Ability to work collaboratively with other teachers, staff, and students.
-Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
-Passion for teaching and mentoring students in computer science.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately:
Mike Mitchell, HS Principal
25 Kniskern Avenue
Mechanicville, NY 12118
The Mechanicville City School District is currently seeking a full-time
(10-month) School Nurse to join our Elementary School team.
Our elementary nurse will be responsible for providing health services,
promoting healthy living and wellness initiatives, and ensuring compliance with health regulations.
● Provide health care services to students and staff, including first aid,
emergency care, and medication administration.
● Develop and implement health care plans for students with chronic health
● Monitor and maintain student health records, including immunization
records and health assessments.
● Conduct health screenings and assessments, such as vision and hearing
● Communicate with parents, teachers and health care providers regarding
student health needs.
● Ensure compliance with health regulations, such as immunization
requirements and communicable disease control measures.
● Valid RN license
● Knowledge of current health care practices, including first aid and
● Familiarity with federal and state health regulations, such as
immunization requirements and communicable disease control measures.
Salary and Benefits per CSEA contract
Hourly rate: $35.41
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by December 4, 2023:
Don Dieckmann, Mechanicville Elementary Principal
Mechanicville CSD is currently seeking to hire a full time Laborer:
● Hours: Tuesday- Saturday 6:30am- 2:30pm (paid 30 minute lunch)
● Hourly rate of pay: $18.00
● Benefits per CSEA contract
Laborers are persons hired by the District to accomplish a diverse variety of tasks under the
direct supervision of the Buildings and Grounds Supervisor, as outlined below.
● Mowing and trimming of grounds
● Assists with the preparation of playing fields
● Assists with or performs normal maintenance under direction of supervisor
● Set up and tear down the auditorium, cafeteria, gymnasium, etc.
● Loading and unloading of supplies and materials
● Performs lock up or opening of facilities as directed
● Performs cleaning duties as requested
● Painting and refurbishing work
● Operates machinery
● Assist with snow removal and sanding
● Assists with sealing floors
● Locker repairs
● Graffiti removal
● Performs other tasks as assigned by Supervisor
Interested candidates should apply no later than November 27, 2023:
Joe Manzer, Buildings and Grounds Supervisor
Mechanicville City School District is anticipating the need to hire a Teacher Aide for the
2023-2024 school year.
This is a 1 year term position, commencing on ASAP and ending on/about
June 26, 2024.
Hourly rate of pay: $14.63
High School Diploma or GED required
Interested candidates should apply ASAP:
Director of Staff, Student, and Family Engagement
25 Kniskern Avenue
Mechanicville, NY 12118
Continuous Recruitment for Substitutes:
- Teachers, Teacher Aides and Teacher Assistants– contact Catherine O’Brien
- Food Service Department– contact Deborah Mackey
- Transportation Department– contact Mike Pratt
- Buildings and Grounds Department– contact Joseph Manzer