Welcome to Mechanicville!

It is the duty of the administration of Mechanicville City School District to establish clear guidelines for the registration of new students. In an effort to ensure that all students are properly placed in a timely manner, we ask that parents/guardians provide the documents listed below to our Central Registrar. Please contact Karen Higgins to make an appointment.

Online Pre-Registration

Please register your children via our online pre-registration system before your appointment with our district registrar at this Schooltool Online Preregistration link.

Electronic Paperwork

These files are in PDF format. If you are having trouble accessing them, please contact the Central Registrar.

Paperwork Required for Registration

Form of Identification / Proof of Residency (2 Forms)

  • Drivers License; Lease Agreement; Mortgage Statement; Utility Bill; Telephone Bill; Rent Receipt; Notarized verification of address from an employer; Paystub; Income tax form; official voter registration documents; State or other Government issued ID; Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies; notarized statement by other third party establishing the physical presence of the parent/guardian in the school district (i.e. landlord, owner or tenant the parent/guardian lease from or live with)
  • Change of Address or Proof of Residency Form

Determination of Student Age

  • Copy of your child(ren)’s original Birth Certificate; Baptismal Record; Passport; Driver’s License; State or other government issued ID; Consulate identification Card; Hospital or Health Records; Military Dependent Identification Card; Court orders or other court issued documents with DOB; Native American Tribal Documents; records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies

School Records

  • Authorization to Request Release of Records
  • Report Card/ Transcript (HS)
  • Current Schedule (if applicable)
  • Lab grades for Science Courses (HS)

Health Records

To Be Completed by Parent/Guardian

  • Medical History Form
  • Health Information Release Form
  • Immunization Records

To Be Completed by Physician

  • Health Certificate/Appraisal Form
  • Authorization to Administer Medication
  • Dental Health Certificate

Custodial Paperwork (if applicable)

  • Copy of the most recent divorce decree and/or custodial/visitation paperwork issued by the court

Guardianship/Foster Child (if applicable)

  • Copy of official Guardianship Paperwork or Foster Placement

Special Education Paperwork (if applicable)

  • Most recent IEP (Individualized Education Program) developed by previous school
  • Most recent 504 Education Plan developed by previous school

Other Forms

  • Free and Reduced Lunch Application
  • Consent to Release Eligibility Information
  • Student Registration Form
  • Teacher Data Sheet
  • Residency Questionnaire
  • Residency Form
  • Home Language Questionnaire

Parent Notifications

  • Current School Calendar
  • Asbestos and SAVE
  • Emergency Alert
  • Pesticides
  • School Meals Program

Student Enrollment Packets for grades K-12 can also be picked up in the Central Registrar’s Office located in the Jr./Sr. High School Office.