About the Media Center
The Mechanicville Jr.-Sr. High School library media center serves grades 6-12. It is open every day during regular school hours. If you need the library resources outside of these hours, please contact Mrs. Kuzmich at email@example.com.
Mechanicville Virtual Library
The Mechanicville High School Library welcomes you! We are an information age library with both print and electronic tools available 24-7 for your research needs!
Click here to access our 24-7 Online Library, where you can find the online catalog, links to databases, and featured books!
- Students with overdue books cannot borrow any new materials.
- Reference materials and magazines do not circulate.
- Library computers are used for school needs only.
According to the American Association of School Librarians, the mission and goals of the school library media program are as follows:
“The mission of the library media program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. This mission is accomplished:
- by providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats
- by providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas
- by working with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.”
–Information Power: Guidelines for School Library Media Programs (1988), p.1
We strive to make the media center a warm, welcoming, inviting space where students can work, study, and read. Students should remember to be quiet and respectful of those working around them, and behave accordingly.
The media center boasts more than 15,000 books, numerous reference sources, and magazines for the use of students and staff. Online databases are also available from our school and from the New York state (these are called NOVEL databases) for student research purposes. See Mrs. Kuzmich for subscription database usernames and passwords.
DMV permit tests available
The library/media center has permit tests for the following: vehicle, motorcycles, and CDL.
These tests are free of charge and save you a trip to the DMV! Please be sure to make an appointment in the library to take your test.
We also have the study guides for all of the above tests as well. Feel free to stop in and get one!