The UPK application and lottery for the 2024-2025 School Year will take place in the Spring.
An interest survey will be published in February 2024. Please
continue to check the website for updates and details.
The Mechanicville City School District offers a Pre-K program for 4-year olds. Seats are limited and selected through a random lottery process. Eligible children must be a resident of the Mechanicville City School District and meet the following age requirements to be eligible for Pre-K 4:
● A child must be four years of age on or before December 1st of the year in which they wish to enroll.
Application Lottery and Process:
Part 1: Application:
Families may apply for a Pre-K seat by completing the online application which will be located on our website and social media sites. The application is for participation in the lottery and is not a guarantee or placement.
Part 2: Lottery:
The district uses a random number generator to determine the order of the draw. The lottery continues until all students are placed on seats available (32). Once all seats are filled, a waitlist will be started.
Part 3: Notification and Registration:
Families are notified of placement via phone call and email. Additional registration paperwork will be required at this time to secure your child’s seat in the program.
● Physical and Complete Health Certificate/Appraisal Form
● Dental Certificate or Dental Program Form
● Copy of Birth Certificate
● Parent/Guardian Photo ID
● Proof of Residency (must be dated within the last 30 days), includes on of the following:
○ Utility/phone bill
○ Cable bill
○ Rent receipt or lease
○ Payroll check
● Current Immunization Records
● Custody Papers (if parents are living apart or with guardian)
● If the student is a student with a disability, provide IEP/504 Plan
Please contact Meghan Warren Director of Data and Accountability email@example.com