School Tax Information
School Tax bills were mailed out on August 31st. You should be receiving them within the next couple of days.
DUE TO COVID-19 WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING ANY IN PERSON PAYMENTS AT THE SCHOOL DISTRICT.
Taxpayers can now access their tax billing information online. Receipts can also be printed from this website. PLEASE only fill in one of the 3 requirements. If you put all the information in it will not find your parcel.
Any questions? Please contact Debra Robert, Tax Collector, at email@example.com or 664-5727, ext. 2200, Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.- 11:45 a.m.
PROPERTY TAXESTax Collection Dates:
- September 1st, 2020 -September 30th, 2020 no penalty
- October 1st, 2020 - November 1st, 2020 2% penalty
- No collection on or after November 2nd
Please Mail all payments to:MCSDP.O. Box 13596Albany, NY 12212
Property Tax Relief Credit
Posted: August 30, 2019For each year you are eligible for the property tax relief credit, you will automatically receive a check. To qualify, you must:
Click here for information about New York State's tax cap.
- live in a school district that is complying with the New York State property tax cap
- receive either the Basic or Enhanced STAR property tax relief, and have an income of $275,000 or less.
All delinquent taxes will be turned to municipalities after November 1sr. Anyone inquiring about the amount due on an unpaid tax must now contact the municipality in which the property is located.
Please use the information below to contact your municipality:
City of Mechanicville 664-9884
Rensselaer County 270-2755
Saratoga County 884-4724
For more information: www.tax.ny.gov or (518) 474-2819