School Tax Information
Taxpayers can now access their tax billing information online. Receipts can be printed from this website.
Click here to access your district tax billing information.
Any questions? Please contact Debra Robert, Tax Collector, at email@example.com or 664-5727, ext. 2200, Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.- 3 p.m.
PROPERTY TAXESTax Collection Dates:
- September 1, 2018- October 1, 2018 no penalty
- October 2, 2018- October 31, 2018 2% penalty
- No collection on or after November 1
The district provides two methods for school payment.Mail-in payment to:MCSDP.O. Box 13596Albany, NY 12212Pay in person (Wednesday's ONLY, 10 a.m.- 1 p.m.)Monday, October 1, 2018 from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.Wednesday October 31st, 2017 - 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Last day of Collection
Mechanicville City School District
25 Kniskern Ave.Mechanicville, NY 12118Contact: Debra Robert, Tax Collector(518) 664-5727 ext: 2200
Property Tax Relief Credit
Posted: August 8, 2016Beginning this year and extending through 2019, a new property tax relief credit will provide direct relief to qualifying New York State homeowners.For each year you are eligible for the property tax relief credit, you will automatically receive a check. To qualify, you must:
- live in a school district that is complying with the New York State property tax cap
- receive either the Basic or Enhanced STAR property tax relief, and have an income of $275,000 or less.
The credit will be fully phased in as of 2019.Click here for information about New York State's tax cap.
- Upstate- each eligible taxpayer will receive $185.
- Downstate- qualifying taxpayers will receive checks for $130.
- The property tax relief credit will be in addiction to the existing Property Tax Freeze Program.
All delinquent taxes have been turned over to municipalities. Anyone inquiring about the amount due on an unpaid tax must now contact the municipality in which the property is located.
Please use the information below to contact your municipality:
City of Mechanicville 664-9884
Rensselaer County 270-2755
Saratoga County 884-4724
For more information: www.tax.ny.gov or (518) 474-2819